As I continue to reach my daily goal on the ketogenic diet, I will come across various types of foods, drinks, and many other things that can be eaten. But I need to make sure these foods are suitable for the keto lifestyle.
So today, let’s discuss another dip to find out if it’s okay for the keto lifestyle or not.
Follow me in this article for more details on buffalo chicken dip.
What is Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Buffalo Chicken Dip is a famous American recipe made primarily with buffalo chicken, cheese, and gravy. It’s creamy and delicious.
Buffalo Chicken Dip is known to be a creamy and delicious appetizer infused with hot wing flavors! Perfect comfort food for any special occasion.
Shredded chicken, buffalo dip, cheese cream (which includes both mayonnaise and sour cream), and also grated kind of cheese is what Buffalo chicken dip is made up of. Which is then mixed and then heated before being served as a dip.
Ways to Prepare Buffalo Chicken Dip
Using a microwave:
- Soften the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl or serving dish.
- Mix the creamy ingredients, then the buffalo sauce, until they are combined.
- Then add minced chicken, including the cheese, and mix.
- Heat it for about two minutes, then stir it, again heat for two minutes till the cheese becomes melt and warm. You can now mix it and serve.
- Low the heat, melt the cream cheese in a saucepan or pan; there will be lumps.
- Grated cheese can be added then melt.
- Next, mix the creamy ingredients.
- Finally, add the buffalo dip and the chopped chicken.
- Heat until hot and fluffy. Stir well, pour into a serving plate, and serve.
Using the oven:
- Blend the softened cream cheese and creamy ingredients until smooth.
- Add the buffalo sauce, stirring until just incorporated.
- Add the shredded chicken and grated cheese and arrange the sauce in a bowl.
- 350 degrees Fahrenheit usually is used to heat, then bake until it becomes hot and bubbly, mix and serve.
- Add the softened cream cheese and all other ingredients to a crockpot.
- Cook over low heat for 2-3 hours or on high for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until hot and bubbly.
- Mix well, pour onto a serving dish and serve.
Ingredients Used in Making Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz. Low-fat cream cheese.
- 1 cup of non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Six tablespoons low-fat blue cheese dressing (I use this made from Greek yogurt).
- Six tablespoons of hot sauce.
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped (you can use canned chicken).
Directions on How to Prepare
- mix all the ingredients in the blender or food processor and blend at high speed, excluding the chicken.
- Blend until smooth. Add the finely chopped chicken.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to absorb the flavors.
- Serve with vegetables, chips, crackers, or other desired food.
Benefits of Some Vital Ingredients
Benefits of Greek Yogurt
- Helps fight stomach fat.
- Contains bacteria that are good for you.
- Loaded with vitamins like potassium, phosphorus, riboflavin, iodine, zinc, B12, and B5.
- Excellent recovery after workouts: high source of protein.
- High calcium content.
- Prevents high blood pressure.
- Fighting Colds and Flu: Healthy bacteria fight the bad guys and strengthen the immune system.
- Protect your teeth: the lactic acid in yogurt protects your gums.
- High in protein, around 18-24 grams per serving.
Benefits of Hot Sauce
- low calorie.
- Activate your metabolism: Contains vitamin C and capsaicin, which help to speed up metabolism.
- It keeps you satisfied – just a little keeps you going.
- Improve your mood: Contains capsaicin, which provides endorphins and helps maintain a good mood.
Benefits of Chicken
- Rich in protein.
- Natural antidepressant: contains amino acids, tryptophan that increases serotonin levels, and also improves your mood and reduces stress.
- Prevents bone loss: another accolade to the protein content.
- Heart Health: Suppresses and controls homocysteine, an amino acid that causes cardiovascular disease.
- Rich in phosphorus: an essential mineral that supports teeth and bones and the function of the kidneys, liver, and central nervous system.
- Rich in selenium: essential mineral involved in metabolic performance (thyroid, hormones, metabolism, and immune function.
- Increases metabolism: high content of vitamin B6, which stimulates enzymes and cellular metabolic reactions.
- Rich in niacin: a B vitamin protects against cancer and other forms of genetic change.
- Promotes eye health: high in retinol, alpha, beta carotene, and lycopene, all derived from vitamin A and vital for vision health.
- Essential for tissue growth: Contains riboflavin, which dramatically reduces skin problems and repairs dry or damaged skin.
Can The Remains of Shredded Chicken Be Used For Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Sure! You can use any shredded chicken. The important thing is to make sure it’s not too spicy.
I also asked people if they can use canned chicken, and you can. It will slightly adjust the flavor, but it will work if that’s what you have on hand.
I think you will like this hot chicken dip recipe. I have done this for so many events over the years, and it is always a famous dip.
Can Buffalo Chicken Dip Be Frozen?
It’s not recommended to freeze buffalo chicken dip.
The cream cheese and all the other cheeses loaded into this dip will have a different texture when thawed and lack a fresh flavor.
I’ve always followed the rule of many dairy products; don’t freeze and soften properly and avoid doing it.
How Long Does Buffalo Chicken Dip Last in The Refrigerator?
Once your buffalo chicken dip is cooked, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to three days—anything from that, you want to throw away it afterward.
Ingredients can go wrong if kept for long.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Nutrients
- Calories: 122
- Protein: 12 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
Now that you know about buffalo chicken dip.
What about its carbs content? And also, can you eat buffalo chicken dip in keto?
Keep reading to know more.
How Many Carbs Are in Buffalo Chicken Dip?
One serving of this buffalo keto dip has about 3g net carbs.
Calculated based on eight servings per batch, which is a good-sized serving.
Store-bought ranch dressing generally contains around 2-4 grams of net carbs per serving.
Can You Eat Buffalo Chicken Dip on Keto?
Yes, the answer is yes. Buffalo dip is ketogenic, especially if you make it yourself.
Most of the prepared dips you buy are keto-compatible, too, although some aren’t (even some that are explicitly marketed for the ketogenic diet).
Since buffalo chicken dip is keto-friendly, how about making a keto-friendly buffalo chicken dip?
Follow these ideas on how to make keto buffalo chicken dip.
The Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
This Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is a comfort food these days, and for a good reason!
You can pair it with your favorite keto snack, and it will satisfy your taste buds beyond words!
And it is also an excellent combination to meet your keto goal.
Ingredients To Make A Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken.
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt.
- 1/2 cup hot sauce.
- 1/4 Franks Wing Sauce.
- 4oz Fat Free Cream Cheese.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles.
- 1tbs Ranch packet.
- Fresh Jalapeños.
- Green onions.
Direction On How to Make
- Before starting, gather the ingredients to make cooking easier.
- When done, preheat the oven and prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. In a bowl, bake in the oven at 300 for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the surface is golden and sparkling.
- Garnish with green onions, cilantro, & jalapeños.
- Serve this Keto Chicken dip for you and your family to enjoy.
What To Serve With Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
If you are looking for some low-carb dip options, look for vegetables such as carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
Either make some Keto chips or use low-carb tortillas for dipping.
Can I Prepare the Buffalo Chicken Dip Ahead of Time?
Yes. If you wish, you can easily make this low-carb buffalo dip in advance.
Just follow the directions and mix the dip and pour it into the pan. So, instead of putting it in the oven to bake, cover, and refrigerate.
When it is time to put it in the oven, take it out of the oven, put it in the oven, and cook a little longer because the pan is cold.
Serve as usual. You can keep it up to 24 hours.
Knowing that Buffalo Chicken Dip is perfect and keto, you can enjoy the best of it with friends and family.
It can also be served at parties for incredible consumption.
If you want to know more about keto info, please check the following link.